Why are you online? Seriously? Seriously, it’s Sunday! And it’s a beautiful May morning or afternoon (or at least we hope it is wherever you may be) so get on up and get outside!
No? You’re just relaxing inside with pancakes, coffee and the paper or your iPad, catching up on the week’s news, having a lazy Sunday. Well, if you insist on denying yourself of fresh air, we can help to entertain you. We offer you our version of the week’s news.
From a month or two of How to Write a Proposal (which we turned into the Orange Book you see popping up!) we turned this week to Tracking Proposals and Measuring Success. Tell us if you have any ideas of topics we should cover this month or if there’s anyone we should be talking to!
- “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Using Tolkien’s wise words, we introduce the idea of anticipating client objections and addressing them directly within your proposal.
- Speaking of wise words, do you have any wisdom to share about how to sell persuasively?
- One of our followers recommended a great Forbes piece, which teaches us How to Connect with CMOs by Stopping Selling and Start Helping
- And did you know that George Lucas admits he didn’t create Star Wars so much as Lived them? Star Wars is an autobiography! (According to the ever-so-accurate The Onion, of course.)
- Now, we all love Ironman, The Hulk and the other Avengers. Here we teach you How to Smash through Client Objections like a Superhero!
- And we can’t say enough that over-negotiating price is simply risky to your business. So this piece teaches you some tricks how to negotiate service, not price — because your service has value!
Last week, we had a rockstar techno video that converted everyone’s favorite childhood games into the History of the Internet. This week, we found this awesome XKCD cartoon that turns the Internet into a game of Risk (everyone’s favorite 8-hour adult game.)